What is a vitamin and how does it work?
Vitamins are substances that work in our body as accelerators of metabolic and physiological processes. And they are also great precursors of other substances that our body needs, therefore, they are very important to us.
What is vitamin C and what is it for?
Vitamin C or also known as ascorbic acid is a hydrosolble vitamin, I mean that it is soluble in water.
This vitamin has several functions:
- Vitamin C reduces between 8 and 14 % colds.
- This vitamin is an antioxidant or can act as pro-oxidant, depending on the needs.
- Vitamin C is needed for collagen formation and for red blood cell synthesis.
- They have also been seen in some studies that this vitamin acts on the central nervous system and depression.
- It contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system.
- As is a powerful antioxidant, free anti -art, anti -aging, prevents us from many diseases (cancer, diabetes, various cardiovascular pathologies).
- In our skin, vitamin C is very interesting, since it fulfills several functions, acting at different levels.
Where do we find vitamin C?
This important vitamin for your health, does not make our body, we have to make an external contribution and remember that it is a great warrior against free radicals and aging, so you cannot miss in your day to day !!!
Therefore, you consume your daily diet, keep in men about 90 mg daily and in women about 75 mg per day.
It is very easy to find, nature gives it to us:
- Acerola Bayas
- citrus fruits (files, oranges, grapefruits, lemons)
- Black currency
- Brussels sprouts
- Herbs: coriander, thyme, basil, parsley
How will you see there are no excuses not to take vitamin C.
Vitamin C in cosmetics
The presence of vitamin C or ascorbic acid in cosmetics is very normal, this is due to its high antioxidant or anti -aging power, especially in the face of the aging produced by the sun or photonexing, it is depigmentant, oxygena and gives a lot of light to your skin, Improves wrinkles. It also has a high anti -inflammatory power, it has been seen that it reduces the inflammation by 50% after a solar burn. For the same reason in the medical field, its application has been studied in eccemas and psoriasis and the results have gone very well.
We also see this vitamin in cosmetics indicated for spots, skins off, tired skins, since it has an almost immediate luminosity effect.
Vitamin C has an important performance in collagen production, a protein that works as if it were a cell glue, such as a scar, gives our body form and support. This substance is found in several parts of our body, such as: bones, teeth, organs, cartilage and skin, which is where we are more interested in telling you its effect. As you know, in our skin we have several types of reticulin, elastic and collagen fibers. That is why it is important to take it into account, a skin without collagen would not have support, it would not have consistency. Vitamin C acts between the amino acids of these fibers, providing oxygen and hydrogen, when there is a lack of vitamin C, collagen production is affected. So its use is also positive in the face of skin sagging.
In superficial melasmas (brown spots that usually appear after pregnancy or in front of hormonal disorders) or the spots produced by the sun, also vitamin C is very well indicated, acts superficially, in the upper layers of your skin, by That has that clarifying power and giving luminosity.
Vitamin C is present in various types of cosmetics.
I always advise to apply it at night, since it oxidizes with the sun, in fact there is a lot of cosmetics with vitamin C that comes in a caramel, opaque container, to avoid oxidation.
The treatment with this vitamin can do it at home or you can go to an aesthetics center to perform a specific treatment with a professional where you can apply the vitamin C to greater concentration.
For daily use there are several cosmetic forms with vitamin C, for example:
- Moisturizers: The results will be able to appreciate them in the long term, you must apply this cosmetic after your cosmetic cleaning and tonic, with circular movements, up and outside, if you have a skin with a tendency to fat, keep it in mind, choose a serum better or a light moisturizer. The revitalizing lighting cream of the Expression Vitamin C, Maystar Cosmetic, has a very pleasant texture, but if you still want something lighter accounts with the Illuminating Serum, also of the same line, which is indicated for all skin types.
- Masks: There are several types of mask that have as an active substance vitamin C, for example our illuminating mousse mask, of the expression vitamin C expression line, of Maystar cosmetic, has a very beautiful, illuminating, moisturizing and rejuvenating effect, and the proposal To try it and make a shock treatment, it consists of applying the mask for 7 nights, after cleaning your skin very well, you apply a fine layer on face and neck and leave it !!!, yes, you sleep with it , the next morning you become an energetic massage until its total absorption and you already apply your sunscreen.
- Ampoules or concentrates: This type of cosmetic usually has a higher concentration, you can alternate its use with your moisturizer, night, no night, it is a good practice to do it once or twice a year. I recommend its use at night, after your facial hygiene and before your mask.
To see true results, it is important to apply your product with vitamin C and if it is common in your routine the use of facial masks in summer is a very good idea to do everything at once, your concentrate, your mask, apply it in summer, having In mind the negative effects of the sun on your skin, do not forget that vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, it is a good way to prevent cutaneous aging produced by the sun.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if your skin is very sensitive, it is likely to feel a certain sting when you apply your vitamin C, go very cautious, and start little by little, first week three times a week and so you are measuring your tolerance.
As I said before, it is convenient to apply your cosmetics with vitamin C at night, it is very sensitive to sunlight and heat.
After you try it, you won't leave it.
Start as soon as possible and you will not regret !!!!!!